Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful for music...

I really am thankful for music.  Music is very strange - somehow a string of putatively random noises can be 'formed' into something beautiful.  Of all the gratuitous excesses of goodness and pleasure that the divine has given us, I am very thankful that our heads and hearts can engage with the mathematical precision of a well-composed piece and yet have our hearts be broken by the utter beauty.  From the masterful Baroque composer Vivaldi to the down-home blues-jazz riff-ing of Scott Henderson, I'm overwhelmed by how much great music is out there.  Although much of it is not in 'pop' radio, good music is not hard to find (e.g., same with good books).


(I am currently taking a break and sitting with my guitar in order to transcribe and learn some of Scott Henderson's licks.... man he's good...)...  i love me some gitter...

eric

1 comments:

jules dentt said...

Alissa! It's Jules! I just found your blog! I miss you!! So happy to see you & Eric are doing well. Please let's catch up one of these days! Miss you, friend.