Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful for Marriage...

While walking somewhere, do you ever notice a really "fine" girl; and she's holding the hands of some goober, and you think to yourself, "HOW IN THE WORLD?!?".

Well, everytime I look in the mirror with Alissa next to me, that thought pops in my head.  Why is a girl like that with a goober like me.


Marriage is hard... because it is making me better.  She's wrestling the vices out of me and struggling to aid me in the long, arduous path towards virtue.  And I hope that I can be of assistance to my co-heir to the kingdom.  I am reminded that she does not belong to me, but rather to our mutual master.  But in this ephemeral life this side of death, I will do my best to honor, cherish, protect and love her.  And the 2 readers of this blog can hold me to that.  I am very thankful that she condescended by stooping so low and marrying a schlob like me.  God truly is gracious...  and gratuitous goodness and beauty abounds...  


eric

1 comments:

Will Parris said...

I know exactly what you mean, I think that every time I wake up and see Jess next to me. I'm glad they don't see it though :)

Aloha brotha